03 Mar 4 Tips To Avoid Water Leakage When Renovating Your Home
When people embark on the adventure of renovating their home they are often excited and delighted by the fact that their home is going to have a new and stylish look as per their taste. But many a times with the joy of renovating come a wide array of problems with water leakages being one of them.
The excitement of having a new ‘dream home’ goes into the drain when you are faced with water leakage problems, while your home is being renovated. Water Leakage can affect the new look of your renovated house as the water seeps down the ceilings, walls and floors thus damaging your expensive furniture and appliances.
Types of Water Leakage Problems You Face During Renovation
There are various types of water leakage problems that home owners face during their home renovation. The most common water seepage that usually happens is when water is dripping from a sink, faucet or shower. Thus the water gets restored in the walls causing the it to rot or fall down due to the water accumulated in the walls.
Basement leakage can have the most harmful effect on your house as the water has no place to escape and thus it is required to make the walls water proof. Water leakages from faucets, sinks, pipes and ceilings can cause serious damage to your newly designed and renovated house. Water leakage from underground pipes that get damaged can also cause walls to get affected.
In the light of these disastrous consequences that can result from water leakages when a home is being renovated I present some useful tips that may help you in dealing with these problems.
1. Regular check on toilets:
A lot of times newly renovated homes suffer from leakages that result from toilet pipes and faucets because of a pipeline that has become defective. There is always a risk of toilets being clogged whether by a kid throwing his toy car in the toilet bowl or due to other reasons thus damaging the floors and flooding your house. Well you can manage this problem by either closing the water valve as soon as you detect this problem or by immediately taking out the pipe from the back in order to stop water to overflow because of the clog.
2. Inspection and Maintenance: Drain pipes that unexpectedly become faulty can cause severe leakages. Many a times the plumber has not fixed the plumbing behind the walls properly resulting in overflows. Thus it is imminent to inspect and try to replace any damaged or weakened plaster that is found around showers and sinks. If you have come across a tap that is leaking then immediately inspect the problem, so that you can save the water from getting wasted.
3. Hire contractors who can install water proof ceilings:
Waterproofing is a new and improved method that involves the use of certain chemicals that help in stopping water leakage. By making basement walls and ceilings water proofed you may avoid seepages. Waterproofing can help in sealing the areas from inside or outside that can cause water seepage. You should also check if there are any cracks in the wall and immediately hire a contractor.
4. Remodel pipelines:
While renovating your house it is always better to remodel your pipelines and get the most effective pipelines that are available in the market. So that there are less chances of there being any leakages causing your newly renovated house to deteriorate.
Article contributed by http://waterproofingcontractorssingapore.com/
Ready to renovate?
Latest posts by Thomas Hoi (see all)
- Tips To Create Space In A Small Home – Interview By Daphne Lim MediaCorp 938LIVE - July 20, 2016
- Weiken.com Review By Singapore Master Chef Ho Tien Tsai - August 24, 2015
- 5 Tips For Buying Furnitures For Small Apartment - April 1, 2015